Friday, January 18, 2008
We have our very first challenges for the year! We have MLA & SH's challenges--4 challenges for you, our dear Philippine scrappers. Stretch your creative muscles and do all 4! :)
1st challenge -Using Pop Culture papers and embellishments, create an altered art project and 1 layout. 2 or more patterned papers should be used. Here's where your ability to mix and match papers comes in :-)
Challenge no. 2 - Make 3 different cards using one lace cardstock of KI.
Scrapbooks Hawaii's challenges: Can you say AUTUMN LEAVES?
Challenge 1 - Create your own patterned paper and embellishments using any Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps. From the patterned paper(s) and embellishments created from the Autumn Leaves clear stamps, create a 2-page 12x12 layout using multiple photos (at least 5 pictures).
Challenge 2 - Create 3 cards using any Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps and Papers. No mixing of other papers and embellishments--these cards will be purely Autumn Leaves stamps and products.
MLA challenge entries will be emailed to Nette at firstname.lastname@example.org. SH challenge entries will be emailed to Marisa at email@example.com. All entries must be submitted on or before February 8th to be judged. Winners will be announced in the February EB (Feb 16).
Wonderful scrapbooking items in store for the winners.
All purchases made for the challenge will be 15% off. We look forward to seeing your layouts/cards soon!
Orders will be processed starting January 27. Nette will not be available from January 19 to 26.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
dcwv cardstock black and orange, flair designs heavyweight alpha cardstock and bake out pattern paper ( hidden tag), fancy pants felt shapes, basic grey buttons, tulip puffy white, CI brad, american craft plastic arrow, ek success corner adorner; diamond glaze
1. adhere picture.
2. position heavyweight alpha cardstock irregularly beside the picture as the title.
3. coat the alphas with diamond glaze. let dry.
4. you can alternate the use of pop dots for title.
5. glue felt shapes on the lower right part of the picture and attach brad.
6. put buttons on the title edge.
7. write broken lines with puffy paint on lower left side of the picture.
8. cut out tag shape with orange cardstock and mat with bake out pattern paper.
9. write your journaling and insert on right side of the picture partially exposing the tag.
project: cherish gift jar using alcohol ink
materials: plastic jar ( you can substitute any glass jar); pebbles ribbons and red ribbon; alcohol inks: bottle, terracota, red pepper, pesto, copper mixative; wrmk white out layered chipboard; kandc grand adhesions sticker
1. clean your jar well and apply alcohol inks with the mixative on the outside surface.
2. tie the 2 ribbons on the mouth of the jar.
3. attach sticker to layered chipboard.
4. place your gift/stuffed doll on the mouth of the jar.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Pre-order deadline is on January 15th. Sorry, I can't take special orders this round, tight kasi ang deadline--sa inventory list pwedeng mag-order for this round. :( All orders will receive 10% discount. :)
BTW, www.scrapbookshawaii.com website is currently down. I'm trying to fix the kinks and hopefully it'll be back by middle of next month. Please stay tuned. :)
Note to Self (altered notebook)
Notebook, preferably not the spring-type
1 Fresh from the vine Flair Designs pattern paper
1 prima flower
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks (Mountain Vineyard)
Black permanent marker
Black journaling pen
Glitter pen (that coordinates with the paper - Orange, Brown or Red)
Brown sheer ribbon
1. Adhere Fresh from the vine paper (double-sided adhesive advisable). Trim as necessary.
2. On the transparency, dab alcohol inks and when dry, draw a flower using the permanent marker. Cut to flower shape and adhere on the lower right most of the notebook. Trim as necessary.
3. Place the Prima flower on top of the transparency flower and secure with a brad.
4. Gather and tie the brown sheer ribbon as shown. Hand-write NOTE TO SELF as shown with black journaling pen first then with glitter pen.
NOTE: to hide the pokes of the brad (notebook's flap, inside when opened), adhere a strip of paper and write PROPERTY OF to make it look like it's part of the design.
Love of Coffee (mini-album)
1 Rust DCWV cardstock
1 Coffee Talk Flair Designs patterned paper
1 Wine Red DCWV cardstock
2 18inches coordinating ribbons
Brown writing pen
Floss and a big needle
1. Cut RUST cardstock in half yielding 2 pcs of 6x12 cardstocks.
2. Score in the middle so you can fold it in half. Thread floss through the middle in even spaces, this will create the base of the mini-album. You should have four panels after doing step two.
3. Cut patterned paper in 6 3x6. Tear the edges (3 on top and the other 3 at the bottom).
4. Adhere the 3x6 pps in middle of the front and back covers. Then alternately adhere the rest of the patterned papers on the panels EXCEPT on the 2nd to the last one. Make a pocket for memorabilias (tickets etc) and tags (adhere only the two sides and bottom part of the pattern paper).
TAGS - cut two 3.5x4 Wine Red DCWV cardstock and staple a piece of Coffee talk patterned paper on each tags.
5. Decorate front cover with die cut hearts, doodlings and a hand-written title.
6. Gather the ribbons in the middle of the mini-album and tie as shown.
Our Holiday Tradition:
1 DCWV Green cardstock
1 DCWV White cardstock
2 Pebbles Inc. patterned papers
1 MM green with dots brad
6 buttons (red, green, white)
1 Pebbles Inc. magnetic clip
2 push pins (green and red)
2 small heart chipboards
Chalk ink (red)
glitter pen (red)
Writing pen (brown)
Optional: scalloped decorative scissors
1. Cut 6x6 from 2 patterned papers. Scallop edges, it may be free-style cutting or draw scallops around the edges of the 6x6 patterned papers first then cut. Adhere on the green base cardstock and doodle around with glitter pen.
2. Mat photo on white cardstock and adhere as shown. Dot the edges with glitter.
3. Cut strips from two different patterned papers. Adhere on top and bottom of the base cardstock. You may add details on the bottom strip by cutting scalloped edges. Decorate with 3 buttons on each strips. Scallop the left-side edge of the layout and add some doodling with a glittered pen.
4. Cut 2 2x3 1/2 white cardstock. Decorate one with a Christmas tree with glitters and doodlings. On the layout shown, the tree was handcut from a lighter shade of green cardstock and the trunk is a scrap of beige paper. The other one is for journaling. Adhere both with a brad.
5. Cut the big clip in half (for personal choice, I peeled away the magnets on the clip), adhere on the right upper-most of the photo as shown. Tie two ribbon knots and use push pins to top it on the big clip/s. I pinned two hearts (painted and glittered) to the other end of the push pins.
6. The title/s on the layout were hand-written/cut. Ink a bit of red chalk and run some glitter on the letters. Adhere as shown. Doodle "our" and a swirl to finish off your title.
1 Wine Red DCWV cardstock
1 Light green DCWV cardstock
1 Spicy Dots Flair Designs pattern paper
4 Prima flowers
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink (Cabin Cupboard)
Black permanent writing pen
Optional: a portion of Fresh from the vine Flair Designs pattern paper (handcut flowers)
1 9.5x9.5 inches green cardstock
4 1inch strips of patterned paper (scalloped freehand or with decorative scissors)
2 10.5 brown ribbon
2 8.5 brown ribbon
2. Mat wallet-sized photo on the same color as base cardstock. Corner-round (all four corners) of the two bigger photos.
3. Adhere the green cardstock first on the base cardstock (middle part), the patterned paper strips (just above the green cardstock) and then the photos, as shown.
4. Adhere ribbons, covering the edge where the green cardstock and the patterned paper meet.
5. Using a tin foil (on the sample layout, I used tin foil from a powder milk can), dab alcohol inks that matches your papers. Draw small flowers using black permanent writer (I used American Craft Slick Writer). Handwrite your title as well, as shown on the layout. Then cut. (NOTE: Careful with the tin foil, it has sharp edges and may cut your hands)
6. Place flowers with brads (as shown) and glue on the tin foil flowers. Optional: handcut flowers using green patterned paper.
Instead of handcutting the flowers, you may use any other flower that matches your papers and photos.
7 On the two Prima flowers at the leftside upper-most of the greencardstock, I used the same green patterned papers and mounted it on foam tapes before gluing the small tin foil flowers.
8. Cut strips of patterned paper for your journaling. Adhere title first and then the journaling strips. Doodle around the strips.
title: the little moments
pattern papers: prima romantica
basic grey book clips
KI memories pop art culture lace paper
MME bohemia title cards
scenic route chipboard
jenny bowlin scallop notes
imaginese rub ons
1. adhere picture. crop some pictures if needed.
2. cut lace paper into a size of 5x1.5 inch and apply stickles on upper exposed area.
3. cut pattern paper strip 5.5x1 inch and tear one side horizontally ( the torn area facing downwards).
4. position paper strip and lace paper horizontally side by side on left side.
5. place title on top of the 2 paper strips using pop dots.
6. attach bookclips and chipboard.
7. attach scallop notes and use rub ons.
I know, I've been out for a little over a month. I've been under the weather and had strict orders from my doctor to take it easy. But you know what? I can't stay away any longer!!!! :D So, here I am again slowly and this time, I promise, will take it easy. :) BTW, thanks for all the concerned ladies who emailed and reminded me time and time again--health is wealth. :)