Monday, November 19, 2007
Just a quick note: Our ATB Challenge has been EXTENDED to December 1, 2007. Winner will be announced at the SE/PS Christmas Party on December 8th.
Winner will win a P1,500 gift certificate to be used for only on Scrapbooks Hawaii products currently with Nette of MLA.
HURRY & JOIN! No minimum entries kaya send as many layouts as you can! I'm sure our judge, Jennifer Straus, will be SUPER impressed with all your talents!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Nandito na po ang mga layouts ni Ms. IDOL! :) Yummy, yummy layouts...below are Ms. IDOL's materials list and instructions for these layouts, too!
Materials: Tinkering Ink Euphorbia Pulcherrima (Yuletide line), Tinkering Ink Joyous Noel (Yuletide line), Yuletide Finery, Ranger Inks Sepia Accents, Lil Davis Foam Stamps, glitter glue (or sub with Stickles), dmc floss
1. Cut out patterns from yuletide Joyous Noel.
2. Place 5x7 sized pic on the left portion of the layout. Dot glitter glue on the bulbs in the picture.
3. Position cut out patterns on 2 sides of the pictures and outline with glitter glue.
4. Use foam stamps for the title.
5. For the word “lights”, glitter glue on the upper half of the words
6. For the word “ & bulbs”, use sepia accents on the border of the words
7. Use the Yuletide Finery adornments and place it on the right side of the layout.
8. Stitch using dmc floss on the straight edge of the felt. Add glitter glue on the perforations.
9. Cut out your journaling and adhere to felt adornments.
Materials: Tinkering Ink Perennial Parade (Botanical Bliss line), Tinkering Ink Floating Flowers (Botanical Bliss line), Tinkering Ink Buttercup/Baby Blossoms (Botanical Bliss line), Tinkering Ink Radiant Rows (Botanical Bliss line), Botanical Bliss Rubons, American Craft Thickers; Lil Davis journal stamps
1. Cut out 2 square mats from the Perennial Parade and Floating Flowers (one size should be bigger than the 5x7 picture) and ink the edges.
2. Tear the smaller mat in a slanted way and glue these pieces to the bigger mat.
3. Place picture on these mats. Set aside.
4. Cut a 2x12 inches of the Radiant Rows paper and place on left side. Another smaller strip of the Radiant Rows is layered on its side.
5. Place the mat with picture on the mid third position of the layout, the mat touching the mid portion of the 2cm strip.
6. Cut out 3 flower patterns from botanical bliss Floating Flowers paper.
7. Place them on the left lower side of the picture and on the left upper edge of the layout.
8. I also added fabrics on the flowers to add dimension.
9. Rubons from botanical bliss line were used on the following points: on the flower patterns and beside the title.
10. For the title, position the American Craft Thickers below the right side of the picture.
11. For the journaling, I used Lil Davis journaling stamps.
Yeheyyy! Nandito na ang layouts ni Donna. :) Below are Donna's gorgeous layouts we're sharing with you with her materials list and instructions.
Materials: Papers - Daisy D's Morningside and Ottoman, Cardstocks – Bazzill, Tag - We R Memory Keepers Hippo, Flowers - Prima and Chatterbox, Clip - 7gypsies, Stamps - AL clear stamps Word Flourishes, Inks - Tim Holtz DI (Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap) and one unbranded (Gold), Others - blings, lace and trims, pearl string, stitched sequins
1. Cut 8x8 and some flower patterns from DD Morningside paper. To maximize, cut the 8x8 first then the pattern. Distress and ink the edges of the 8x8 paper.
2 . Cut a 2 1/2 strip from the Ottoman paper. Scallop the edges. (for my strip, I traced it from a self-made template).
3. Cut a 4 inches tag from a brown cardstock. Write or printe your journaling on the tag. Stamp with gold ink, the top and edges. Adhere 3 crystals or blings on the top of the tag.
4. For the lace/trims and stitched sequins, prepare 12" of each and a string of little pearls.
5. Corner-round your focal photos and cut one of your photos into an oval shape.
6. Prepare 3 Prima flowers, 1 big and 2 small flowers. Adhere blings/crystal to the 2 smaller flowers. Attach a colored flower on the big Prima.
7. On the tag, trace colored-glittered pens on the words to make it pop.
a. Adhere the 8x8 paper on the base cardstock. Then the tag and focal photo on the right side of the layout. The smaller photo on the left side and slightly under the tag. Stamp gold ink on the photo's edge and put 3 crystals or blings for accent (outside edge of the photo)
b. Adhere the floral patterns on the right side, just touching a small portion of the photo, and on the upper left side of the 8x8 paper. (Just adjust the photo below it for balance)
c. Then put the strip of paper just below the 8x8 paper, photos and tag. Arrange the trims, title tag, flowers, clip and pearl strings on the strip. Place a floral pattern just below the tag and on top of the strip.
d. Ink the edges of the base cardstock with gold ink.
Materials: Papers - Daisy D's Chinoieserie Baroque, En Fleur, Morningside and Ottoman, Cardstock – Bazzill Basics, Flowers – Prima, Brads – Bazzill Basics, Inks - Tim Holtz DI in Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap, Paint - MM Glaze in Copper, Stickers - AC Thickers (rootbeer float pink), Pen - Staedtler brown, Other - antique charm, button, lace trim and DMC floss
1. Paint letters of your title and set aside to dry (optional).
2. Cut 8x8 and 2 circles from Chinoiserie Baroque. Distress the edges of the 8x8 paper (curl and tear)
(**Circles- approx. 1.5 and 2.5 inches in diameter).
3. Cut strips from Morningside, Ottoman and En Fluer. Cut 3 circles from En Fluer.
(**Circles approx. 1.5 inches, 2.5 inches and 4 inches.) Distress and ink the edges (curl and tear).
** Fold the circle in the middle first creating a half-pie/moon shape. Then fold again and again until it is shaped like a cone (2 folds minimum for the small circle and 3 or more folds the bigger the circle gets). Snip the tips of the folded paper. When you unfold the circle, it should create a flower-like shape. Shape it according to your preference. Distress and ink the edges (curl and tear)
4. Trace scallops on the left side of your base cardstock then cut.
5. Adhere the 8x8 paper on the base cardstock. Stitch around it.
6. Adhere photo. Then the different strips of paper on the lower-right side of the photo and the 8x8 paper. Tuck in a lace/trim below the photo.
7. Place the 2.5inches flower on top of the 4" flower and the smallest flower on top of the mid-sized one. Accentuate with antique brad or charm. Secure two Prima flowers with brads on the far-left side of the paper strips.
8. Place the letters of your title just on top of the photo and on the 8x8 paper. Write "my" (or whatever you like) and an arrow pointing to your photo.
10. Write your journaling.
11. Doodle some more arrows. Around the base cardstock and title.
12. Cut in half 1.5 and 2.5 inches circles. Place on the left-topmost of the base cardstock and accentuate with a button.
13. Distress the base cardstock by inking (Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick).
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Cabbie is a stay at home mother to 4 active boys. She started scrapbooking last May 2006 and since then has been hooked to this wonderful and fulfilling craft. Cabbie was also given the honor to be named as the 1st Scrappinmoms IDOL in the Philippines last October 2007 and her first assignment as a DT for Scrapbooks Hawaii.
Aside from scrapbooking, Cabbie also enjoys altering stuffs and doing mini books. She goes for the shabby chic style though she would love to explore other new techniques and styles too. Cabbie usually distress because she likes the classic aged looks with vintage effects. Scrapbooking not only serves as an outlet in her life but as a chronicler of life's events, she believes that these memories in papers and pictures will always be cherished by those who are part of it. Cabbie is 34 yrs old and resides in Old Manila, Philippines.
DONNABELLE BOLO ESPIRITU
Donna started serious scrapbooking more than 2 years ago. She doesn't have a specific style because she loves trying all stuff and all style that fits her mood...but if she will put it in a category, she thinks that she is more of a freestyle scrapbooker. Donna loves using her own handwriting in her layouts--its like putting a trademark on her pages. Donna believes that in doing so, she imparts more of herself to her family and her friends and hopefully they will remember her through her works, works of love for them. Donna also loves sharing what she knows and it really makes her happy when people acknowledge what she can do. Donna is 30, and happily married.
NENETTE SAMSON MADERO
Nette is the owner of My Little Attic, the first online scrapbooking store in the Philippines. She has been married to her husband Chino for almost 10 years and they have been blessed with 3 wonderful children— Isabela,8, Miguel, 7, and Andrea, 5. She is a dentist by profession but chose to be a full time mom to address the growing needs of her children. When her daughter Isabela was born, she took photography lessons and started documenting the lives of her loved ones. Inevitably, scrapbooking became a favorite hobby . Her scrapping style is a mixture of linear and shabby chic. Distressing and tearing are some of her favorite techniques. Aside from making hand crafted gifts, she enjoys photography, badminton and kick boxing.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Ladies, meet the ATB Challenge Judge: JENNIFER STRAUS
Jennifer, Around The Block’s creative director, thrives on the limitless design opportunities that can be experienced in the scrapbooking industry. With over 20 years of design experience, Jen has created products, corporate identities & brands and communication pieces for companies like Primedia, Karen Foster Design, ABC Television, AOL, Disney, General Motors, American Express and the HoneyBaked Ham Company. Whether designing a physical or virtual environment, Jen’s key design emphasis is to create harmonious yet functional works that might touch someone’s heart.
On a more personal note, Jen has many interests including basket weaving, sewing, painting, gardening and backpacking. She lives in Pleasant Grove, Utah, with her children Mallory and Wyatt and a menagerie of pets.
Friday, November 2, 2007
I also promised our October pre-order ladies a P2,500 in scrapbook supplies. This prize pack I made sure made it to the last bbox that was picked up yesterday. I drew a name from the ladies who placed pre-order this round…and the lucky winner is…CHRISTINE VELAZCO-VILLACARLOS!!!!! Congratulations, Christine!
All orders placed will still receive freebies while supplies last! :) Please see freebies at the PROMO/FREEBIES category of http://www.scrapbookshawaii.com/.
Don't wait too long. Hurry and place your orders! :)
Challenge is open to all Philippine scrappers.
The challenge is to use AROUND THE BLOCK (ATB) products available at My Little Attic/Scrapbooks Hawaii. My Little Attic/Scrapbooks Hawaii carries 6 lines of Around the Block papers: Bugzie, Birthday Party, In Memory of, School Days, Uber Luxe and Vacation.
Challenge is for either 12x12 Layouts or Projects. No minimum purchase necessary and any theme will do as long as at least 50% of the materials used are from Around the Block.
You may enter as many entries as you want. The more entries you enter, the more chances of winning!
Entries should include a list of materials used, techniques employed, participant’s name, and contact info.
All entries must be in high resolution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Sunday, December 2. Winner will be announced at the SE Christmas party on Saturday, December 8.
Winner will receive a gift certificate from Scrapbooks Hawaii.